Monday, October 6, 2014

And in real time...

While I'm slowly updating posts from well over a year ago, I'll give a quickie that's more in real time.

Life is hard.

New job (okay I started in May so not that new but whatever) working at an emergency veterinary clinic.  My job mostly entails answering the phone, checking in clients, making them sign paperwork, and begging for money at the end.  Basically all of the things I want to avoid about vet med by going into lab animal.  So that's fun...

Went on an epic road trip this summer (did I already write about this?? I don't even know) with Megan and Sara.  Drove from Rochester to Lincoln, NE to Glenwood Springs, CO to Las Vegas, NV to San Diego, CA to Flagstaff, AZ to Georgetown, CO and back home.  It was amazing, rafting in Colorado, drinking in Vegas, going to the zoo and whale watching in San Diego, and seeing the amazing Grand Canyon.  Plus lots of driving.  It was super fun.

In August I got a dog!

Yep, his name is Duke of Weselton, he's a black lab-shepherd mix, and he's insane.  We just graduated basic obedience last week, and he has more energy than Nathan's dog Jackie and Belle combined, which is saying something.


So that's pretty special.

Year two of vet school is well under way and I'm struggling to keep my head above water, or care enough to keep swimming.  It's been rough, we'll see how this year goes.

I managed to set myself up with an internship at the University of Missouri over winter break, so that should be fun.  Also been doing a lot of work as the VP of the Research Animal Medicine Club - booking lunchtime speakers and tours and food and things.

Busy life man.  And here I am, procrastinating.

No comments: