Saturday, July 18, 2009

It's July Minnesota! WTF

It is freezing today. And of course, today is the day I woke up at 6am to go up to Lake Pepin to go fishing with my dad on our boat. It was cold and windy and we only caught 6 fish in the 5 hours we were there. It was fun in the sense that I haven't been out MN fishing in a long long time, but miserable in the sense that it was freezing cold, windy, and wavy, plus hardly any fish.

After we finally decided to call it quits, we headed back to the launch where I dropped dad off at the dock to go get the car and trailer and I drove the boat around in circles until he backed it into the water. Drove the boat up onto the trailer (crooked) and then when dad tried to straighten it out I had to get into the car. Unfortunately it was still in the water so I tried to jump to clear it and dad tried to help me time it between waves but I totally failed and had one leg soaked. Had to take off my sock and shoe in the car before my foot froze *although it got pretty cold anyway!*. Slept in the car, and when we got home, after emptying the car/boat and saying hi to Belle, I went to my bed for a 2 hour nap before work. I was freezing and feeling very cold-fever-sick-ish. Kept feeling that way even after I woke up, ate leftover mac and cheese, and went to work. 45 minutes later, after being very morose (as opposed to my usual cheerful self) at work, I got sent home and spent the rest of the evening (so far) watching House with Megan (until she left) and looking for jobs online.

Probably time to mention the fact that I haven't updated in a long time - and really for no reason other than laziness.

Not to mention the fact that not much has happened. At all. Basically I've just been working at Culver's, trying to get ahold of the VA (they finally replied this past Monday - with not a lot of information, saying they'd get back to me by the end of the week but haven't heard since), playing with Belle (puppy class, dog park, training), and seeing the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

I went to it with Megan, Sara, and Sara's friend Amy. Megan and I went at 10:30 and were almost out the door in the line. I dressed up in a witch hat and my Gustavus grad gown and some other people were Hogwarts ho's and some full on awesome costumes. We had a nice Hagrid/Dumbledore duel in front of the theater before the show started (Dumbledore won). Overall the movie was very fun and pretty good up until (SPOILER?) the Burrow exploded. Wtf? Kind of destroyed the plot after that. And totally skipped the final battle scene, but whatever it was still enjoyable as a movie.

For the 3-4 days prior to the movie coming out my dad had managed to read the entire book. That was impressive, and made me want to reread it as well. I was already reading Angela's Ashes and The Dragon Companion but decided to start rereading it anyway. So now I'm reading 3 books and not very into any of them.

Belle just farted. And it stinks. Gah. Dog farts are the worst.

Seriously I can't think of anything else to share. Which is incredibly sad considering I haven't updated in 10 days.

Oh well, I guess life can't be all that exciting always.

1 comment:

Javier Portillo said...

it sucks being sick. i'm having some health problems of my own. so i'm going to the doctor tomorrow, anywho. I hope you get well :)