Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Weekend with Kristin

So this has been a very intense weekend, and yes I know I'm skipping over what's happened since the cliff incident. I'm skipping it because basically nothing other than me working every single day between Friday and Thursday happened.

On Thursday (20th) night after work I went to see District 9 with some people from work. Well at least it was supposed to be some people from work but some of them backed out at the last minute so it ended up being just Josh and I. Josh is practically the only non-manager at Culver's who has worked there longer than I have. He also just graduated college and, like me, is looking for a job. So we went to the movie and it was amazing. Such a brilliant idea and so unique from every other alien movie out there. I really recommend seeing it.

On Friday I started preparing for Kristin to arrive. Kristin was one of my best friends while I was in Australia and lives in Greenbay, Wisconsin. Why I haven't seen her before this weekend is a mystery of poor planning on our part. Anyway, she came on Friday afternoon and we ended up bringing Belle to the dog park and then going to the mall. Saw Hannah working at the pretzel place and then went to Maurice's for Kristin to get a new shirt. Wandered around for a bit and then ate dinner at Applebee's while watching the Vikings play for the first time with Brett Favre as quarterback. He sucked. On the way home we stopped at a redbox to get a movie - Push. Didn't end up watching it but played cribbage instead. Then went to bed in the basement.

Was woken up very very early by Belle whining, and of course since it was Saturday no one else in my family got up with her (to be fair, mom was away on her girl's weekend and Sara was camping). Took care of her, went back to bed for a little while, and then woke up early and got ready to go to the Renaissance Festival. Unfortunately there wasn't an actual address listed, which made it hard to find using the GPS. Kristin drove and we got there just before they opened the gate. We got in, picked up a schedule of shows and events, and planned out the day. It was brilliant - we got to see so many amazing shows and got great seats to the joust! We also ate good food there and Kristin got a few neat souvenirs. We left about 30 minutes before it closed - it was just so much fun! We got home, ate food, and then watched Push. It was pretty good, but felt like it wasn't really over when the movie ended. Rearranged our sleeping arrangements and went to sleep a bit early.

Woken up again by Belle but this time dad got up with her the second time so it was alright. Kristin was feeling a bit sick so she showered and then napped for awhile as I showered and ate breakfast. Also got coupons for the MN Zoo, which was where we were headed that day. This time I drove, and luckily since it's well known, year round, and has an actual address we got there with no delay. We toured the outdoor exhibits first - smart move considering how hot it got later in the day. Started with the tigers and worked our way around the loop. We then went inside to see the sharks and dolphins, and spent a lot of time watching the dolphins play. One of them swam up and splashed the crowd, all on its own! They were so graceful in the water, not to mention playful and fun to watch. We then went through the tropics trail and then over to the bird show. That was really exciting, and amazing what they can teach birds to do! Finally we got something to eat and headed back to Rochester. Kristin packed up and left for Greenbay and I crashed.

Today (Monday) I worked from 11 - 3:30 (was supposed to work until 4) and then came home, showered, took a little nap, and then went over to Hannah's house at 5 pm. There we watched The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers before finally calling it quits. One can only handle so much Frodo! We also talked a lot about how depressing it is to be unemployed and not going back to school. She works at the pretzel place again tomorrow and, since I don't work, I'm considering popping over to say hi. Well after the 6 hour marathon at her house I came home and watched the end of How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days with Megan and Sara and then came up here to post this entry.

Over the weekend I took 342 pictures and about 11 videos. Insane. Well that's all there is, and I'm still tired from the weekend, so I'm off to bed soon.

1 comment:

Javier Portillo said...

its always nice to hear your havin fun kitty, hope tomorrow is as fun as the days before!