Thursday, December 3, 2009

Snow Snow SNOW

So it snowed today. As in, snow stuck to the ground, traffic ground to a halt, slippery to walk in, put on my winter boots for the first time today snow. Granted, it's not even an inch thick, but it's definitely there. It's finally starting to feel like December.

Speaking of which, it's December! Holy cow. Not sure where this year has gone, it went so fast.

Of course, a few months ago I probably would have said it's just dragging on, but time's relative anyway right?

Like these last couple of weeks have flown by. Last week we had a short week - just Monday through Wednesday at work and then Wednesday night Tom and I drove down to Rochester. The drive was horrible - it was rain/sleeting during rush hour traffic the night before Thanksgiving leaving the Cities. So what should have taken us 1 hour and 10 minutes took nearly 2 hours. Or I'm exaggerating, but it really was pretty bad for awhile there. Got home and then went to BWW's for dinner - Sara was working, mom and dad came to chat, and Megan met us there as soon as she got home. It was nice. Later that night we all played Apples to Apples - and I'm pretty sure I lost both times. Oh well, it's still a fun game.

On Thursday (Turkey Day) I was supposed to get up and put the turkey in the oven, but no one woke me up so mom and Sara just did it. Most of the morning was spent sleeping or waiting for the dang turkey to finish cooking. Although at one point I did drag Tom and Belle out in the freezing cold to go to the dog park. It was very cold so we only lasted about 15 minutes. Afterwards we ate dinner (yum), watched football (boring), ate pie (yum) and watched TV/napped. Later Jackie came over to say hi to everyone, meet Tom, and of course play with Belle. Eventually she had to leave, and so did Tom (he had to work on Friday). I stayed up until about midnight and then headed up to go to bed. Then I get a call from my mom (who was camped out at Walmart for the Black Friday deals) asking me to join her because my sister (who was with her) was hanging out with a friend (or wanted to). So I put my clothes back on, grabbed Eclipse (yes I'd been rereading the Twilight series), and headed to Walmart. Waited in line all night, sitting uncomfortably in the aisle reading. Finally got what we were in line for, and I headed for the exit while mom continued to shop. It was a madhouse - but I got home and slept for a big part of Friday. I also managed to get a new phone activated (Tom's old LG Voyager - it's pretty sweet) and I got most of my hair chopped off (10 braided inches to Locks of Love).

Really not too sure what else I did on Saturday - I think Jackie and I hung out again and actually went to see New Moon in theatres (I'd already seen it once with Tom).

Sunday was spent packing and helping mom unload her car full of candy (she spent Friday night through Sunday morning at Lynn's making candy for Christmas). Eventually figured out who was taking me home (Megan, for a bribe from dad) and headed out. I drove to the cities and then she drove from there to Eau Clair. Thanks to her early Xmas present (a GPS) she didn't even get lost! I think... to be honest I don't think I've talked to her since but I think I've seen her online so she must have made it back safely.

This week has been filled with work. Except for last night, which also included Lord of the Rings Monopoly and vomit. Mmmm. Good times.

And now I'm off to lunch! Have a good one!

1 comment:

Javier Portillo said...

lol odd mix for last night, i wanna play monopoly! and vomit lol? were u drinking?! haha. good to see you're having a good time kitty. To what i've read Tom seems like a nice guy, im happy for ya :)