Friday, January 29, 2010

First week of torture

This week has gone by incredibly slowly. Or slow. Whatever, it has just dragged on and on with seemingly no end in sight. Luckily, today that end is finally in sight.

The only good part about not having my favorite 2 coworkers here anymore is that there is a lot more for me to do in a general day. The bad part is that, as I mentioned previously, the days go by a hell of a lot slower. Not to mention that Tom's been gone this week as well. Right now I'm just waiting for his plane to land so I can go pick him up from the airport and get some lunch with him.

Katie's gone today (other coworker), off to her home in Milwaukee to make her hair appointment. So it's just Joe and I and next to nothing for me to do.

Yesterday (and this week) I looked around for cars and found this nice 2001 Prius on craigslist for just under 4 grand. I really want it, but I only have about 5 grand to my name. I need to get my tax forms from Culvers, the VA, and GAC so I can get my tax refund. That should be a big help this year, and maybe enough to finance a car for me. It would be so nice not to have to depend on people for rides.

I also have been toying with the idea of getting a pet rat. They're so cute and smart, and I desperately want something furry to love that I don't have to torture and kill. I think I might get one this weekend, now I just have to think of a name.

I've pretty much wasted this entire week. Other than grocery shopping (twice), all I've done is watch a lot of TV and take a lot of naps. Except for Monday. On Monday Vicki and Sybylla and I got together at Sybylla's house and watched a couple of Disney movies (Emperor's New Groove and Mulan). That was pretty fun. Oh and on Sunday I went to see 2012 with Hannah at the Riverview (it started during OT of the Vikings vs. Saints game - was so pissed they lost). I thought it was a pretty entertaining movie. A lot of ridiculous parts but also some good special effects.

The last thing I want to mention here is that I've been getting concerned about an AWOL friend of mine. Usually I don't worry when I have trouble getting in touch with some of my faraway friends, but this time seems different. I've even resorted to using Skype to try to contact him but no luck. So if any of you Australia buddies of mine have heard from our mutual Danish friend (or if he's reading this) please let me know!

It's never a good feeling to realize that a once-close friend could drop out of touch completely, to the point where you don't even know if they're still alive (and who would tell you if they weren't??).

That is all. I hope everyone had a good January!

PS - My deadline ends in 2 days. I think I'm screwed...

1 comment:

Javier Portillo said...

Sorry to hear your week is going slow, hope something exciting happens and speeds things up a little. Unfortunately for me that hasn't happened. Especially at work lol. remember that girl Kim i told ya about? well...every time i see her time goes by reeeeaaaally slow...she drives me crazy...i wants hers to be mines :(