Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sun!

So I admit to my failure in keeping this as updated as I'd like to. I kept thinking about updating, nearly every day for the past week, but then there was always something more interesting to do. Like watch the next episode of Lost, or burn some backup copies of my DVDs so I can send the originals home to the parents, or play with my rats, or go to a friends, etc and so on. That is what a lot of my past almost 2 weeks has been, quite the downer.

However there were a few interesting things that happened, and I'll do my best to remember them all.

So I drove Belle back down to Rochester, a pretty uneventful event, although while I was down there I did watch New Moon with my dad. After we watched it we then went to go see Eclipse. It was about what I expected it to be: completely corny but also entertaining (I just want to touch Taylor Lautner's abs... sooo pretty). Later that night we went over to my dad's friend's house (Steve) and watched them set off Wisconsin-legal fireworks. There was a toad hopping around and it actually jumped on mom's foot at one point and freaked her out - pretty funny. Stayed the night on Saturday and not sure how long it took me to get going on Sunday but eventually I did. Back to Minneapolis and then went over to Nathan's and cooked cheese dogs and wandered around outside. That was of course on the 4th of July, kind of lame but at least I saw fireworks on the 3rd.

On Wednesday that week our kickball game was at 9pm - late but it was okay. We played an awesome team who were really friendly. We ended up winning 17-5, which of course probably made the game even more fun, but at least the other team was cool about it. Jordan actually came, dressed up as the camel, so that might have contributed to our win.

Sidenote - as much as I love the Kia Soul hamster commercial, it's starting to really annoy me. DO. DAH. DIPPITY.

I finally named the rats - not sure when this happened but the gray and white one is named Luna (after Luna Lovegood in Harry Potter) and the black and white one is named Evaine (after Yvaine in Stardust). Evaine is the more active of the two - whenever I set them on my shoulders she's the one that crawls down my shirt and wanders around on my desk or clothes or wherever she can get to. Luna is the sweeter one of the two, she'll just sit on my shoulder or behind my neck. Whenever I hold her she likes to groom my fingers, licking them etc. It's so cute!

On Saturday (10th) I had to go in to work to do behavior (it takes around 4 hours). So that was my fun morning. Spent the afternoon being lazy and then that night got ready to go out to karaoke at the Cardinal. Julie was in town, Andy was running the show, but Liisa had hurt her foot and didn't want to go out. So I went to Cardi and to my intense surprise, Tom and Jen were there. This, after he told me he wasn't going to Cardi anymore. Not really sure why I'm surprised considering he's lied about almost everything else. Still waiting to learn why he actually broke up with me... don't mind my whining here! I debated going in, but decided to buck up. Went in and sat next to Julie - Tom was on her other side. Thought I could handle it, but I had one drink, watched Andy mock Jen for being a cougar and Tom for being her prey, watched Julie chatting happily with them both, and had to leave.

So I went over to Liisa's! Her dad and brother were there as well as her two married friends (as in married to each other). We had a good night chatting, drinking, doing shots of Jose Cuervo, playing guitar hero, playing with her dad's pet snake, etc. I ended up sleeping on her couch again.

Woke up on Sunday and headed home. I tasted tequila all day, but still no sign of any hangover.

Been having a slow week. On Tuesday I took my car over to get its oil changed (finally) and walked around Highland Park while it was getting done. When it was done, I drove the two blocks over to the KFC and got some delicious food. Unfortunately that led to me being up all night in front of the toilet - must have been some bad chicken.

We had a tough workload on Wednesday too, both the sarcoma and the prostate cancer groups needed behavior done but since I had gotten no sleep and wasn't feeling great I just went in for a couple of hours to do the part that I specifically needed to do and then went home and slept for the rest of the day. Our kickball game was at 6 pm and that was kind of sucky. It was the most humid day we've had so far (felt like 103 with the humidity) and our early game gave it no chance to cool down. We were playing one of the teams tied for first and we started out losing by a lot, then tying it up, then in the last inning (we were up first) we scored 3 runs and thought we had it but ended up letting them score 4 by sheer bad luck. It was okay, they were another fun team.

After I got home from work today I went out back and laid in the hammock for about 15-20 minutes in the sun. Then went inside and had an inadvertent 3 hour nap... the sun really wears me out but I love it! Tonight I was supposed to go out with Alaina and Amanda, but Alaina had other plans already (the famous Potluck of course!) and Amanda had last minute plans as well. Megan also came into the cities with Kory and we were going to go to dinner together or something but those plans faded out as well. So I guess nothing is going on for me tonight. I am hoping to go fishing sometime this weekend with dad.

Been talking to Hannah about our Colorado trip and slowly getting more and more excited about it.

Well I'm not sure how to end this post, other than to apologize for the delay in updating. Hope you all are fine and dandy!


1 comment:

Liz said...

It sounds like things are going better. Hope you're having a great summer.