Friday, July 2, 2010

catching up

Sorry about the delay ladies and gents, and about the silly emotional post earlier. I just can't help myself sometimes :P

So a lot has happened since that last Friday. I'm not sure what else happened at work, but afterwards I drove down to Rochester, my phone dying on the way down and me forgetting the charger for it in Minneapolis. Anyway, I arrived just in time to go to the mall in Rochester with my sisters, Megan's boyfriend Kory, and my cousin Emma. Wandered around in there, managed to get some pants, jeans, and a shirt for less than $30. Which is apparently good. Anyway, think that was all as far as Friday (the 18th) goes.

Saturday I got up and helped dad set up the tent in the backyard. Then we all headed over to Sara's best friend Emily's graduation party. Had a delicious Panera cinnamon crunch bagel there and there was a waffle bar as well. Then we headed back home and finished getting ready for Sara's party. Then the party started! It was fun and had a lot of family show up. Uncle Jeff's two labs and cousin Adam's two labs and Belle got to play outside together which was fun to watch. Also, Adam's new baby Payton was there - and yes I actually did hold her. Here's a picture of it:
And yes, I was wearing a dress, don't die of shock. After the party wound down, later that night Megan, Kory, Gramma Karen, and I all went to see Toy Story 3. It was really good and there's a distinct possibility that I cried during it.

On Sunday, I think there was some family stuff in the morning, but most of the people headed out early afternoon I think. Don't remember what else happened that day, other than eventually driving back up to Minneapolis.

On Wednesday I wasn't feeling great so I skipped kickball, which was a big mistake! That night our team lost for the first time since I joined.

On Saturday I had an awesome night. I drove over to Chaska (with some navigational difficulty) and met up with Sybylla, Vicki, and Catie at the Ruby Tuesday there. We had a good meal, with some interesting things happening that I thought only happened in movies. Afterwards we headed to Catie's house where we ate giant marshmallows and played a couple rounds of Disney Scene It with Ann and Melissa who showed up later. My team won both times (of course!) and then we started watching Mulan. Then I headed back to Minneapolis and drove through the terrifying storm. At 40th Ave, where I usually turn to go around the block to end up on the right side of the street, I inadvertently drove through a lake, with water up to my headlights. That wasn't too good for my car, and made my check engine light go on. Well that didn't stop my night! I went out to see Andy and Julie at the Cardinal afterwards and came soooooo close to singing karaoke. Well, not really, but I can pretend.
On Sunday I drove down to Rochester again to pick up Belle. Mom and dad were going to Wisconsin for a week on vacation and Sara didn't want to watch her so I offered to take care of her for the week. Drove down, watched TV and ate food, and then drove back with a crazy dog in the backseat. Walked her over to the dog park, let her run around like crazy, watched her swim in the river, and walked her back and she still had tons of energy to spare.

On Monday after work I played out back with Belle for awhile and then drove her over to Hannah's. All three of us walked around Lake Harriet, and Belle's energy was again tiring. Went back to Hannah's and hung out for awhile but then headed home. That was the last time at Hannah's apartment, she moved out on the 30th.

On Tuesday I fulfilled the movie-like part of Saturday's occurrence.

Wednesday was an insane day at work. We had two big groups of animals to do behavior on and basically went in early, had a short lunch, and got out late. It sucked! Anyway, after that I headed over to parts unknown to pick up my new babies! I got two new baby rats (6 weeks old) from a breeder I found on craigslist. Here's a pic of the cuties:
I haven't named them yet - I keep having trouble coming up with good names. The options I've thought of are: Elphaba and Glinda (from Wicked), Sabrial and Lirael (from the Abhorsen trilogy), Kahlan (Sword of Truth series), River and Summer (like from Firefly), Luna and Ginevra (Ginny - from Harry Potter), and a few others I can't even remember at this point. Right now I'm torn between the Wicked duo and the Harry Potter duo.

Anyway, they're adorable, but that's not the point! The point is Wednesday.

So after that I got ready for kickball and took Belle to the park for an hour beforehand (we had a late game - started ~9m). Went to kickball and unfortunately we lost. Their pitcher was crazy, throwing really fast pitches (rolls?) and doing tricky spin moves and curve balls etc. It was insane. I did manage to get an RBI but our team still lost 4-6. At least we didn't get skunked! But the team was in a somber mood for sure.

On Thursday I got a surprise visit from a friend and we went to go see The Last Airbender in 3D at MoA. It was kind of cool but very cheesy and they packed too much into it. It made me want to go back and watch the TV series. I seriously want to know why they changed the pronunciation of some of the characters' names in the movie. Wasn't as good as I was hoping it would be but it was entertaining.

Today was a bit less exciting than the rest of the week. Still waking up ridiculously early (thanks to Belle) and actually went into work early (7 am - kind of sick). Worked, went home, and started laundry. Was supposed to go out, but as usual plans went awry so I spent the evening doing tons of laundry, watching a lot of LOST (I'm on Season 3), and playing with Belle and the babies. They are currently sleeping so cutely, all curled around each other. Still can't decide on names for them though.

Well I think that's going to be it for tonight. Tomorrow I'm heading back to Rochester to take Belle home and hang with the fam yet again.

Now though I think it's time for bed.

No comments: