Sunday, January 23, 2011

Happy 2011?

Seems to be a theme with me, never really sure if it will be a good new year.

On the other hand, I did wait about 3 weeks to post (okay longer, so sue me) so that must mean something right? Like, my life is so busy and full that I just rarely find the time to post anymore.

While that's part of it, a bigger part is just laziness. But hey, no need to start the broken record on that topic.

On to the main events.

I drove down to Rochester after work on the Thursday after my last post. Jackie came over to my house and we hung out for a bit and played with Belle, then I went out to eat at Culvers with the parents and she had dinner with her family, then we reconvened at her house, drove to the Dairy Queen in Byron, ate blizzards, then went back to her house and hung out until late. I wish we could hang out more often. I drove back up to Minneapolis on Friday (New Years Eve).

I spent New Years Eve at Nathan's place, drinking and playing games and generally hanging out.

The next Friday after work I headed down on I35 to meet my family in Albert Lea and then continue on to Des Moines for the Coughlin family Christmas. What should have been a drive of around an hour and a half became a 2 and a half hour drive. It was horrible, the traffic wasn't moving and the weather wasn't even that bad. That drive was maddening. Finally met up with the family and had some McDonald's and then mom drove my car down to Des Moines. After Albert Lea the traffic cleared up more but the weather got worse. The roads were slick with ice and the wind was blowing snow everywhere.

Okay this is ridiculous, I'm going to post this one now and continue updating on the next one and hopefully I'll eventually catch up. I've probably already forgotten a lot of what I'd planned to jot down here for eternity but alas, it is now lost forever.

No comments: