Sunday, November 8, 2009

Chex Mix

Not much happened over the week, but some things did happen this weekend! And considering I just updated less than a week ago, I'm pretty impressed that I'm here already.

So on Friday at work we decided to go out for lunch. Mostly it was because we hadn't yet since Amanda and I started and we won't be able to for awhile now that our projects are getting underway. So we went to Matt's DinerI got out of work early and furiously cleaned and finished packing and managed to finish just as my mom got here. Then I drove home and got to see my puppy (and family) again. Megan also came home for the weekend, and brought her boyfriend Kory, so it was a full house. Was kind of depressing going into my room again, all empty and boring. Anyway, so got home and just dad was there (and Belle) so we hung out for awhile and then headed out to Mr. Pizza, where Sara, Megan, and Kory met up with us for some delicious food. Afterwards we headed home and played Apples to Apples (dad won by a landslide) and Clue (dad and I won). Then Kory, Megan, Sara, and I watched Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (actually Sara and I fell asleep halfway through, but we attempted to watch it).

On Saturday I slept in, then got up. Good story eh? Dad and Kory went golfing and mom, Megan, and I worked on sewing projects (sort of). While mom was helping Megan, I took Belle to the dog park where she surprised me by wanting to play fetch for the majority of the time instead of playing with the other dogs. There were these two little boys who asked me if they could play fetch with her and I happily agreed. Eventually we headed home and she was exhausted. Then, mom and I went to JoAnn's to get some polar fleece. I'm going to use that on the back of my tshirt quilt so I don't have to have 2 layers (the middle layer and the back). So instead I'm just going to use the polar fleece. We picked out this sort of dark blue, purplely, starburst kind of patterned fleece. I think it's pretty, and it goes well with the tshirts. Mom will probably just finish it for me though, which is kind of lame for me but seeing as I don't have a sewing machine, it kind of makes sense. Anyway. Eventually I got ready for the wedding reception of my old babysitter. She was our neighbor at our old house (where I lived before I was 5) and used to babysit me and my sisters. She has been with this guy for awhile, they've built a house together and had 3 kids and went and got married a couple weeks ago in Puerto Rico. So all 6 of us headed to the dinner and then Sara headed out early. She's the Century High School Volleyball team manager, and they were playing in sectionals on Saturday night to go to State. After we finished eating the 5 of us went down to the civic center to watch the game. They lost the first, won the next two, and lost the last two. It was intense, and I pretty much lost my voice cheering. Afterwards we went back to the reception. I got nailed in the head with the bouquet, took some pictures, ate some cake, and**** here is where I saved the draft, intending to finish it later, and never came back to it. So I'll just post it as is and update again later - it's late!

1 comment:

Javier Portillo said...

lol, sounds interesting. You haven't been on lately much! but its all fine hehe. Some people DO have lives. Unfortunately im not one of those yet.