Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Pirate!

Hey look it's only been 2 weeks since I last posted! I fail...

So the weekend after my last post my mom came up and dropped Belle off with me while she went to the MoA. It was so fun, I walked Belle over to the Minnehaha Falls offleash dog park. It was amazing! So huge and wooded. And tons of dogs there, plus the back side runs right along the river so she got to go swimming and everything. It was a lot of fun, even though we had to walk there and back. Apparently it wore her out though because she slept the whole way home. So that was fun, unfortunately I left my camera at home so didn't get any pictures of her running around. Then on Sunday Sybylla and I went and got pumpkins, cleaned them out, and carved them. She did a creepy flamey face and I did a bat. They were pretty cool. When I got home Jordan and his girlfriend were carving pumpkins as well!

Then last weekend was Halloween. On Friday night Hannah and I went to a sweet church to watch an SPCO (Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra) concert titled "Frankenstein!!!" It was crazy! They were playing kazoos and reciting bizarre poetry and it was awesome. Then on Saturday I got my pirate costume on and got in the Halloween mood. I lit the pumpkins, turned on the outdoor light, and then the trick-or-treaters started coming. I only had a small bag of candy, because I was planning to go with Hannah to her friend's house to help with the candy-handing-out. So I ran out pretty quick and then turned off the outdoor light but the trick-or-treaters just kept coming! They were persistent, so I had to close the blinds and hide from them. Eventually Hannah came and we went to her friend's house where we watched Adventureland (hilarious and weird) and High School Musical (I know). Then we drove over to McMahon's Irish pub (on Lake Street) and saw Tom who was DJing (guy from work) and had some drinks. Diet Cokes to be precise. We were having fun talking and listening to the good music when this old guy with a handlebar mustache started leaning too close to Hannah and insisting we try the UV Blue that the bar was giving out free samples of. When he talked to the bartender to get her to give us some we said no and she didn't listen! Just poured 2 for us. Well I drank mine but right after that we left and went home. Was a pretty fun Halloween overall - and then Daylight Savings hit and we got an extra hour of sleep! Woohoo!

As far as work has been, it's been really slow. I'm kind of getting upset with it because we don't really have much to do and so we sit around and waste time for a lot of the day. Also, as late as I leave (sometimes 7:55am or later) I'm still always the first one there and no one seems to care if they get there on time or not. Which I sort of understand since we're not doing anything but I feel like I have to at least get there as on time as possible. And then we've also been getting out early which is nice but weird.

Then today we got a new batch of mice that we'll be starting a new project on. Unfortunately this strain of mice is EVIL. So evil that today when we were weighing them 3 separate mice bit me. None were provoked, but luckily they also didn't break the glove/skin barrier. Just left some bruises, and the fear of handling them again. Later tonight Hannah and I went to the Riverview theater to watch District 9. I had forgotten how totally awesome that movie is! That movie is totally awesome! If you haven't seen it, you need to.

And on that note, I'm going to bed. Goodnight!


No comments: