Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter

So a lot's been going on and I've been really lazy. My bad.

Last weekend (3/26-3/28) was kind of fun. On Thursday before that weekend my 2 sisters and dad went down to Florida for spring break. So mom came up to the cities on Friday. I got out of work a little bit early and mom brought Belle up. We went from the VA to the dog park at Minnehaha and Belle had a blast. She got soo dirty because the river was high and then she was rolling around in the dirt with other dogs. She also found a gigantic stick, more of a tree actually, and kept wanting to bring it to mom and I. I took some pictures on my phone while laughing hysterically. Sent them to the rest of the fam down in Florida and they sent back pics of them on the beach... unfair! Went back home, tied Belle to the end of my bed, and then went out to see Alice in Wonderland. I really liked the movie - I think the low expectations helped. When we got back Belle was loose in my room after chewing through the leash. Went to bed, after retying Belle's shorter leash to her collar.

A few hours later Belle had finished chewing through the leash again and decided to join us in bed. Instead of just curling up she wanted to play, lick our faces, bat her paws at our heads, etc. Eventually I managed to retie her again but mom and I didn't get much sleep.

Saturday morning we got up and mom took Belle on a walk. Around 10:30 we put Belle in one of Jordan's spare kennels in the basement and headed over to Chanhassen to go to see Footloose the musical/dinner theatre thing. It was a really fun show but there was a lot of sitting around and waiting and our seats had sort of a terrible angle (one set piece was waay too big) but it was still a fun show. It ran really long though and by the time we got back, poor Belle had had a big accident in her kennel. And had been laying in it (ew). So after cleaning her up we packed up and started heading down to Rochester. Thats about when mom discovered her phone was missing. After a little digging we realized she had left it at the Chanhassen dinner theatre. So we drove back and picked it up and then finally headed down to Rochester.

Once back at home mom worked on Sara's prom dress (which she's sewing) and I baked chocolate chip cookies. Fun family time.

Sunday I started going through my "box of stuff" from my school days. I managed to throw enough away to actually close the lid on the box, and that trip down memory lane was fun. Eventually I drove the red car (one Sara drives to school) back up to Minneapolis.

Spent that week driving to work and being generally lazy.

On Friday, at work I learned that a terrible thing had happened that morning. At 6am a fire started in one of the apartments above McMahons - the Irish pub that Tom's friend Rachel does karaoke at every Tuesday. The entire building was up in flames, and tragically 6 people died. One was a bartender at the bar that Tom and his friends all knew fairly well.


Basically, it was a horrible tragedy. So that night Tom, Rachel, and all that crowd (and I) got together at the new place Rachel just started running karaoke at. So many people showed up to commiserate, including Tom's ex-wife, Char. That was awkward in the extreme and really put me on edge the entire night. Other than the awkwardness it was pretty good.

Saturday was a lazy day, sleeping in and then going to BWW's for lunch with Tom. Eventually I packed up a bit and headed to Hannah's apartment to pick her and Commissioner Gordan (her cat) up and then drove down to Rochester. Had a good night at home doing mostly nothing but hanging out with the sisters (they got back from FL this Thursday).

Sunday got up, showered, and headed to church. Afterwards Megan, Sara, and I had to find plastic Easter eggs hidden in the house by our mom. She hid them indoors this time so we wouldn't be embarrassed by the neighbors like last year... yep. I was the last one to find all my eggs (as usual) but hey the candy inside was totally worth it. Eventually mom and Sara drove me back to Minneapolis. Spent the rest of the afternoon being bored.

Which brings me to today, boredom.

Topped off with some more boredom.

Wanted to go get some stuff at Target but it looked like it was about to rain after work so instead I just came home. And sat around doing ABSOLUTELY nothing.

Lame.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Glad to hear you had a good time with your mom and family. Eventually, you will learn to enjoy the boredom... trust me. :)

Javier Portillo said...

boredom = reading time, hehe. Good to see you had fun Kat. I was stuck at work on Easter, it was very frustrating but I'm used to working on holidays now that it really doesn't get to me as much as it used to. Hope you're doing fine now and hope you're well.