Monday, April 25, 2011

Here kitty kitty...

Sigh, when did my blogging skills take a nosedive down the toilet?

Let's briefly recap what's happened in April:

On Saturday the 9th I took my 3rd Biochemistry Exam and after not having adequately prepared for this most strenuous of exams (glycolysis, Krebs, lipid biosynthesis, etc and so on to be fully memorized) I came out of it convinced I had failed. To top it off I actually got charged for parking for the first time. I headed straight from there to Luggage World, getting slightly lost at one point, but eventually making it in. I had purchased a Groupon for there and at the store ended up getting myself a duffel/backpack hybrid (Eagle Creek's Hybrid Hauler) that I'm hoping will be perfect for my upcoming (read Summer 2012) European excursion. Later that day I met up with Vicki and Sybylla at the Cardinal (where I had a $10 for $20 worth of food Groupon) and surprisingly the bartender (the one that made me cry oh so long ago) still recognized me. Afterwards we came to my place and watched The Princess and the Frog and Tangled. All in all, the day went from bad to excellent.

Tuesday the 12th Nathan and I went to the Twins game vs. the KC Royals. It was the first year anniversary of the first game at Target Field and the Twins won in the 10th inning. Of course Span played amazingly and the rest of the team did well as well. We took the lightrail there and back and I was fully decked out in a new TC cap (from Target) and of course one of my Twins tshirts from last summer. No idea why I had to add that other than because I was very excited about my new hat.... During the game on the big screen at one point they found this old guy in a plaid shirt who was dancing hilarious/awesomely and the crowd proceeded to go wild whenever they panned back to him (and he threw in some new dance moves each time as well). It was pretty funny.

Thursday the 14th was supposed to be our first Thirsty Camels kickball practice of the year but it was rainy and cold so it was postponed. Thursday the 21st was also rainy and cold but practice was not cancelled, however I was not in the mood to attend a cold and rainy practice so I skipped. Bad me.

Bear with me by the way, I know my events are kind of random and not very detailed but I'm going off my Hotmail calendar so if I didn't put it in there it's not making it into this update due to my terrible memory.

Wait! I just remembered something not on my calendar! On Sunday the 17th I got together with Vicki and Sybylla again and gave them awesome crazy straw cups (from Target) filled with Reese's peanut butter eggs and Cadbury eggs for Easter. We went to the Riverview and saw Gnomeo & Juliet - nothing too special but lighthearted entertainment. A short meet up but still good to keep in touch.

This Friday the 22nd (Earth Day) I went and picked up Sara from the U and then drove us down to Rochester for Easter. We were enthusiastically greeted by Belle, who got so excited she actually squatted and peed a little on the front hall rug! She hadn't done that in well over a year so she was clearly thrilled to see us. Spent the night hanging with the fam, taking Belle to the dog park (and getting rained on), watching Harry Potter 7.1, dyeing Easter eggs (my gay pride egg was the best in my opinion), and making sneak-a-bite cookie dough with 2x the amount of chocolate chips.

Saturday was spent sleeping in until noon, finishing reading The Companions by Sheri Tepper, playing fetch with Belle, and watching a lot of TV (a lot of Food Network). Stayed up late reading and finishing the aforementioned book and then off to bed. Oh also mom made us make another half batch of the plain dough to lessen the super chocolate effect of the doubled chocolate chips in the sneak-a-bite.

Sunday I got up early (like 8:30am) and took a shower, then put on my dress and headed to church with the family. Had to sit through a baptism for people who don't know how to schedule events properly and watched my dad's friend Steve present the gifts to the priest while chomping on a huge wad of gum and then headed home for Easter candy eating and more TV watching while waiting for mom's delicious Easter lunch to cook. Ate ham, cheesy potatoes, and rolls and then dad went golfing and the rest of us went to go see African Cats. It was actually really well done, I enjoyed it a lot. Afterwards, dad tried to fix Megan's lack of car antenna with an aluminum arrow shaft (it did increase radio quality but was deemed too unsafe to actually remain on the car) and eventually the girls got on the road (Megan to Eau Claire and Sara and I back to the Cities). Dropped Sara off (hate driving on campus), headed home, and saw an adorable stray kitten wandering around outside meowing. It was very friendly so I pet it and gave it a dog treat I found in my pocket. I hope it found its way home...

Today (Monday the 25th) I went to work, came home, watched a biochemistry lecture, went to the Caribou coffee next to the Anytime fitness (that I am temporarily a member at, another Groupon!) and started watching another lecture there. I was planning to work out directly after but I foolishly forgot the key to the gym and so had to go straight home when I finished at Caribou. So instead of working out I finished the lecture I started at Caribou (leaving only one left to watch FOREVER!!). Now I've just spent the last hour surfing the internet and updating this blog (finally right?) so I'm going to head to bed and hope I get back into the groove. If not, oh well!


No comments: