Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Yep, totally suck.  Didn't post a thing all September or October.

I'm starting to realize that my lack of posting generally happens when I have real stuff to talk about.  Not sure if that's ironic or just sad because it's when I'm bored that all my avid readers (heh, right) get the play by play of every day.

Enough of that.

So I went on a cruise at the beginning of September. It was awesome - went to San Juan, St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, and St. Maarten.  We snorkeled with sea turtles, took ferries, saw dozens of jewelry stores (because that's what you do!), bought souvenirs, hung out on the beach and the decks, ate tons of delicious cruise food, went ziplining over the rainforest, and hauled our bags around San Juan at the very end.  It was a great trip, and I came home to find that Vicki had filled my closet with balloons (floor to ceiling, some of them are still around) and wrapped 24 random objects around my apartment (some still wrapped).

Early October Nathan, Chris, and I went to see Louis CK live - for Chris' birthday.  He was hilarious live, highly recommend seeing him. And yes, I realize I skipped the rest of September, but I think I spent most of my time finishing my vet school applications and sorting all of that out.

On Sara's birthday (19th), Nathan, Kory, Adam, Megan, Sara, I, and a couple other people went out to Buca di Beppo's for Sara's 21st birthday.  Great food, great company, and afterwards they went over to a bar.  If there hadn't been a cover I would have gone in with them but I'm cheap so instead I went home.

The next day I got up and decided to make beignets!  The French donuts from The Princess and the Frog!  My boss had gone to New Orleans and brought back boxes of the mix for us to try to make.  So I did!  They were delicious fresh, not so great the next day. I brought them over to Sybylla's and shared them with her, her mom, Monkey, and Vicki.  We spent the afternoon/evening watching movies, carving pumpkins, and playing games.  It turns out we carved them too soon because after a bit less than a week mine grew some gnarly mold/fungus.  Looked really cool but wasn't very sanitary so I had to chuck it.

No worries though because last night (Tuesday) I went over to Nathan's and he, Chris, and I all carved new pumpkins!  Mine wasn't quite as good as the first one I carved, but still good.  Especially since near the end of mine the carving knives broke - poor Nathan only got to do a tiny part before they were broken.

This past weekend I got to go to the dog park twice!  The first time on Saturday with Nathan and Jackie (dog) and the second time on Sunday just me and Jackie.  After the second trip I brought Jackie back to my apartment to hang out until Nathan picked her up, and I was expecting her to annoy Addy the whole time or for Addy to hide in my room.  Complete opposite reaction - Jackie spent the whole time sniffing around or watching Evaine (the rat) or curled up sleeping while Addy proceeded to chase her around, attack her tail, and bat at her from behind/under things.  It was adorable!  I think Addy felt good about it because she was on her own turf - and it probably helped that Jackie was too distracted to get down to kitten chasing.

Tonight is Halloween! Unfortunately I didn't really get a chance to celebrate it.  I worked and then had Microbiology lab.  Came home and watched TV and made pumpkin bars (delicious).

I'm planning on going down to Rochester this weekend - maybe go see Happy Feet 2 on Saturday morning for the free kids movie at the theater (awesome).

No comments: