Saturday, November 17, 2012

Mawwage

Weddings, engagements, marriage.

I've been watching a lot of The Tudors - which is all about King Henry VIII who had 6 wives and how he acquired (and disposed of) those wives.  One of my favorite characters is the Lady Mary - Henry's eldest daughter by his first wife Catherine of Aragon (who later becomes Bloody Mary).  In the latest episode I watched, she quarrels with the current queen Catherine Howard, who claims that Mary is jealous of her because Mary is older than she is but is still unmarried.  This leaves Mary distraught and she lashes out at the queen and later cries with great sorrow for her fate.  And seriously, it's so sad that the grand life goals of the women in this time was to marry well.  So that's all about marriage.

Last night I watched a Twilight marathon - the first four movies alone in my apartment.  Was up stupid late finishing them but it was kind of fun.  Then today I went to see the latest movie, Breaking Dawn Pt 2 in the theater (again alone because everyone had either already seen it, lived too far away, or just refused to go with me). Anyway, those movies all lead up to the whole idea of a soul mate, someone to spend eternity with, etc and so on.

Then finally, tonight after I got home from the movie I received a phone call from my sister, informing me of her engagement. It wasn't a surprise, they'd been ring shopping and venue hunting etc for the past few weeks, but still.  It's happening.

That's really all.

No comments: