Thursday, April 30, 2009

Allergies SUCK

I keep sneezing!  It's all those darn plants outside having sex in the air, making me miserable.  UGH!

So this week has been interesting so far.  Interesting in the sense that not a lot has been accomplished, other than Sybylla's Sims neighborhood.  

I have started talking to my Evolution prof about going down to the Gulf of Mexico with him for 10 days on a boat (Oregon II) doing fish research.  It'd be purely voluntary, but they feed me and let me sleep on the boat and I'd get good field experience (something sorely lacking in my resume at this time).   The prof is super excited about it, and I mentioned it to my parents and mom seems semi-excited and dad seemed to be more worried about the male-female ratio on the boat.  But yea, it'd be from June 22-July 3 and my prof said it's great experience if I wanted to get a job as a fisheries observer.  Basically a government employee who goes out on commercial fishing vessels with a clipboard noting how much of which types of fish they catch.  A job!  Involving both marine and biology!  Not at Culvers!  Sign me up!    Had a meeting with the prof today after my Interactive Media class, and it sounds like it would be a good trip.

Earlier I decided to go home this weekend.  My aunt and uncle are heading towards Rochester so they could give me a lift, and I want to grab some of my artwork to show in the Art Minor show.  That and I'd like to start bringing some of my crap home.

So puppy!  Uncle's dog had puppies, and there is a yellow female up for grabs again.  Think dad really wants to, Megan and I do as well but mom and Sara seem to be more apathetic to the idea.  Which could be bad, since who knows how long I'll be at home to help out, and Megan will just be home for the summer.  But I miss having a puppy around.  I miss Jazzy... it's hard going home and not having her there to greet me and play with.  And like, do we use Jazzy's kennel for a new puppy?  Would the new one just inherit all of Jazzy's toys?  It just seems wrong somehow...  but it would also be wrong to let all that go to waste or to sell it just to buy brand new stuff.  Not sure how I feel about it.  I kept looking to my right as I was typing this, expecting to see my Jazzy drawing that is hanging next to my bed at home.  Think I'm a bit disoriented.

I had a dream about clones last night.  And never really knowing if it was the real person or the clone.  It was bizarre.

Been working on my "Fantasy" website and it looks okay.  Not quite what I originally wanted, but it will probably earn me a decent grade at least.  The prof keeps making suggestions that I don't like, so I smile and say "that's an interesting idea" and then just continue whatever I was doing.  The other day I was explaining one of my ideas and she just did not like it and kept trying to get me to agree to some of the changes she suggested.  I finally made that idea today, and she came up behind me and goes "that looks really good!"  I just wanted to say, "Yes, yes it does.  And do you know why?  It's because I didn't take a single one of your suggestions."  That would be mean though, and she's really nice.  Only trying to help I suppose.

Evolution.  Have a presentation on "Overhunting and Conservation Genetics in Whales" next Wednesday.  So far, my partner has done nothing to help me.  I looked up all the references, read through them and threw out ones that weren't any good, made the outline for "our" presentation that was due today, and even started working on the powerpoint all before she even responded to my first email in which I sent her the papers I had scrounged up for research.  She still hasn't read them.  So she has no idea what we're presenting about next Wednesday.  Grrr.

So in the middle of writing that paragraph Sybylla and I went to dinner.  Afterwards I stopped at the library to grab some books and movies for my Women in the Holocaust final research paper.  I got 5/6 books I wanted and two films (one on DVD one on VHS).  I just got done watching the DVD: Paragraph 175, narrated by Rupert Everett.  It was very moving, and I got to see one of the women I quoted extensively in my first paper.  That was exciting.  Now I just have to figure out how to watch the VHS... and since the movie is due tomorrow I'm kind of screwed.  I'll probably have to go renew it or something for the weekend.  Then I can watch it at home!  Hooray!  A rough draft of this paper is due next Thursday and I have to present this thing to my class in two weeks (along with handing in the final version of the paper).  

So for next week I have the rough draft and my evolution presentation.  And a rough version of my website is due on Tuesday, but I'm just leaving that as it is.  

I can't remember what else I was going to talk about.  I guess it must not have been that important anyway.  Other than to mention the fact that some of the problems I was experiencing over the summer are still issues in my life.  Which sucks.  

Thank you for reading this.


1 comment:

Javier Portillo said...

Wow your week sounds so hectic. makes my life seem very boring actually...well it is lol at least for now. ooo and does that mean you ARE coming to Texas?! I hope u do!!!