Saturday, January 28, 2012

Viva Mexico!

So on Friday I finally gave WuXi a final day - after hearing from the U that they wanted me to start on Feb 20th. So that's going to be exciting.

I honestly don't remember what all happened over the weekend.

On Monday and Tuesday night, Nathan came over to my house and we painted - he painted small models and I painted on a canvas. I also tried to take him out for McDonald's (I know right, big spender me) and their card readers were down so I couldn't use my gift card (courtesy of Katie, it was a parting gift on my last day at the VA). Plus I had no cash, so he ended up having to pay. So much for that.

I also discovered that I won't get the University employee discount for this semester, and the last day to drop courses for a full refund was on Tuesday, so I ended up dropping my physics course. It was a tough decision to make, but considering it will save me over $1400 I really couldn't justify staying in the class.

After making that money saving decision, I also decided to pull the trigger on purchasing a plane ticket to Cancun! My parents' are going down for a week, they got a timeshare down there, and Megan and I are going to join them for 4 days. Unfortunately the shortness of our trip is because the flight was the cheapest, even one day longer cost $100 more. I'm super excited to get down there somewhere warm and just relax, and the week before I start my new job.

Work this week was literally painful, I labeled so many tubes and plates that on Tuesday my index finger was in physical pain. I ended up having to use my middle finger, and it was just sad. The end of the week got better, but next week will be bad again I'm sure.

Yesterday (Friday) at work we got Baja Sol catered in for lunch. It was to celebrate a record month for the lab - apparently in December they had over half a million $ of work contracted/completed. Kind of insane. Last night I spent far too long at Nathan's house watching Once Upon a Time, a really entertaining show.

Today I slept in, and that's almost it. I really can't think of anything else I really accomplished other than reading, watching TV, playing with Addy, and filling my car with gas.

So overall not much to update on, but hey I tried.

No comments: