Friday, January 16, 2009

Apathy

It's hard to tell if you're spiralling into a dark depression of self-pity or you're having a super fantastic day when you just stop caring. Dark right? Apathy is cool.

I've now gotten off my extra motivated "find a job/internship" kick and am back to being a lazy slug. Granted over these past few days I've shovelled mountains of snow, done dishes and other chores around the house, and even last night began continuing my scrapbook from Europa 2003. I'm already up to June 27 - Valencia. Which, to be honest, is a lot farther than I thought I'd get. I'm hoping to do more today, I have about 2 hours left before work (and then catsitting, yaaay). Thinking I may actually finish Valencia and then get a small start on Madrid.

Haven't worked on any paintings or other art projects yet. Instead just been wasting my time and brain cells watching television and movies. Although on Wednesday night Megan, mom, dad, and I all played racquetball at the RAC which was unexpectedly fun. Even though dad was playing with his left hand (and he's right-handed) and still managed to win no matter who he was teamed with. It was still fun. So much so that I offered to go back to the RAC yesterday with Megan to play more. We did, and I won 13-15. It was a close match and we were being silly but it was still fun. Then we went into the pool (which was as warm as a bath) and a bit of hot tubbing (but why do elderly overweight women sit in it naked??? and then try to join in on your conversation... no offense but ew).

Right now, mom's off work and vaccuuming after going to the RAC and grocery shopping and Megan and Sara are off seeing a movie (that they did not invite me to... I feel loved...). So I'm in the basement pretending to work more on my scrapbook (because strangely mom approves of that) but instead I'm updating my blog. Mostly because I'm lacking the inspiration/motivation to work on it.

Well I suppose I had better at least get something out to look more plausible. This post didn't really live up to its title... other than I seriously feel nothing at the moment other than the desire to sleep (and no, I'm definitely not sleep-deprived). Wow, there's a comfy looking bed down here...

No comments: