Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

So it's my dad's official birthday today. We had a surprise party for him at Buffalo Wild Wings on Saturday - he was shocked and Jeff and Gail and Scott and Cindy came along with tons of his friends from work, basketball, and even a few from Iowa. So that was kind of a fun night - Megan and Sara and I arrived early to help set up and then I left semi early (around 9pm). Mom and dad didn't get back until around midnight - completely smashed.



Megan and I are currently watching The Land Before Time 2... which is sad I know but we wanted to watch something we didnt really have to pay attention to and was short. It actually makes me want to just watch the first one. Nevermind, we're going to watch the first one instead. For some reason they all started singing in the second one, and Megan couldn't handle it. The first one is much darker anyway, whcih we both approve of.



I was sucking helium from one of the balloons from dad's party earlier. Hehe it makes my voice sound so funny - but no one else wanted to do it with me! Such losers.



I don't really have much to say for myself, other than working at Culver's pretty much every day (11-4) except when they let me off early. Monday was crazy - tons of snow, I had to shovel at Culver's and by the time I finished the end of the sidewalk, the beginning was already covered in snow again! Then I got sent home early (had to bum a ride with Steve - dad's friend) and once I got home, shovelled the driveway. It took me nearly an hour to get it done and I was wiped by the end. Later that night we had to do it again! But this time my dad used the snow blower and I just shovelled as much as I could before he got to it with the snow blower.



So I have tomorrow and Thursday off from work, and don't start catsitting again until Friday so I'm deciding what I should do over my two days off. Nearly three days really, since I don't work until 4 on Friday. I want to be semi productive, I just can't decide what in. I should work on finishing my resume and looking up jobs for the summer, but I just can't seem to get motivated. My parents are really pushing the 'working at Mayo' thing, but it's just not something I really enjoy that much, even if it would be a good-paying job (like a lab tech). Otherwise I also want to work on a couple of paintings I started during the semester, as well as potentially finishing my freaking scrapbook from my Europe trip (yes, that was in the summer of 2003, I am an expert at procrastination).



Well yet again I've run out of things to say.

No comments: