Sunday, May 10, 2009

I am a Disney Champion

This weekend has pretty much been awesome.

On Friday night I went to dinner with Vicki at 6pm and there were Aztec dancers performing for cinco de mayo (three days late) and then after they were done a mariachi band came on and performed. That was fun! Then Vicki went off to her concert and I headed to Anderson theatre to see the play The Impresario from Smyrna. Before the play started, some idiots started the rouser... that was annoying. As for the play, it was... interesting. I think I enjoyed it more than I normally would have because I had typed a large part of the script during work a few months ago so I knew what was basically going on. Otherwise, it was mildly humorous, but there was a lot of random Italian in there and sometimes their accents were overdone, making it difficult to follow what was going on. But it was pretty good! I had to leave at intermission in order to run over to Nobel to meet Vicki and Sarah there to see the weekend movie. So then I saw Confessions of a Shopaholic, pretty funny but not the greatest movie of all time. Headed home and spent the rest of the night reading Eragon and watching episodes of Chuck. (By the way, if you're confused as to why some things I underline and some things I italicize, well join the club. I have no order to which gets what, just whatever I'm in the mood for. I'm told they mean the same thing so it doesn't really matter which I do. Although I probably should be consistent. Y'all can figure it out though.)

Saturday was a bit slower to start. Woke up, went back to sleep, woke up again, back to sleep again, did that for a couple of hours until I finally got up. Then I started doing my laundry and continued my Chuck marathon. Eventually I headed over to Vicki's for our long-awaited Disney Night. Vicki, Sarah, Meredythe, and I were all there at Vicki's apartment in College View. First thing, we ordered pizza from Dominoes online and actually got to track where it was in the stages of making it. That is pretty sweet. So every few minutes we'd look up and be like "ooh they're done prepping it now it's in the oven!" And so on. Ate the pizza and decided to start off the night with a quick round of Disney Scene It. Now, I'm not going to lie, I LOVE this game. And I'm fairly good at it. So we played teams, and first round I played with Meredythe. And we won. Then we watched The Little Mermaid, and proceeded to another round of the game. This time I played with Sarah, and while she definitely contributed, this time we stormed the field. Then we watched Aladdin, and at the point during the "I can show you the world" song when they fly around the cloud into a swirl I stated how much that scene made me want ice cream. Which made everyone else want ice cream. And so after the movie was done we all piled in Sarah's car and headed down to Perkins to get some chipper sundaes. We got there and realized it closed at midnight (I've never seen a Perkins close so early!). But it was only 11:20 when we got there so we figured no worries. Got in and the guy working there was like, "You guys know we close at midnight, right?" And I thought to myself, "yea... what's your point?" Like, can they not make food in 40 minutes? It was just really unwelcoming. We explained we only came for dessert and he looked relieved. We all got the chipper sundaes (warm chocolate chip cookie, vanilla ice cream, chocolate chips, hot fudge, whipped cream, and a cherry) except mine was without the whipped cream or the cherry. As soon as we got them and dug in, we started making all these "mmm oooh yeaaa" noises. And of course, that started a huge round of laughter and sexual innuendos and more laughter. Then the waiter asked if we wanted separate checks, we said yes, and he comes back with one bill. Wtf? Why did he even bother to ask us if he wasn't going to listen to our answer? Eventually we figured out how to divvy up the bill and left a tip of all coins (with a lot of pennies) and headed back to GAC. The drive home was spent playing more of Vicki's mind games (Chinese number, Thing 1 2 and 3, and Paint the moon) and then we headed to our separate homes. I continued my Chuck marathon and took care of the laundry that had been left running when I left.

Today (Sunday) I woke up at noon and went straight to work. I took out the first round of recycling and garbage and finished putting away all of my laundry. Then I tackled the big stuff. I cleaned out and organized all the stuff under and on my bed and around, on, and in my desk. Had to make a few more garbage/recycling trips but it was well worth it. I also did dishes, and discovered I'm missing 2 forks and a knife and I have no idea where they could be. I also can't find my camera case now. I did find the cord, and as soon as I plugged it in the battery on my camera died, so that's charging right now. Had dinner in the Caf with Sarah and Sybylla (who went home this weekend) and spent the rest of the evening finishing my final paper for Women in the Holocaust. Which means that I'm finished with one of my 4 classes pretty much.

Now I'm going to the computer lab to work on an art project.

PS - Here's my finished design thingy!

2 comments:

Javier Portillo said...

cool. sounds like a fun weekend.

Javier Portillo said...

i bet my constant texting is getting annoying tho....im sorry. i take a while to get used to hopelessness