Thursday, May 21, 2009

no study :( i don't wanna

I don't want to study.  I've been sitting around here for hours today (about 3 1/2 hours to be precise) not-studying for my final final exam tomorrow.  Instead, I have been putzing around on the internet and finishing the third book in the Inheritance series (Brisingr).  Just now I finished looking up what paltry sums the Bookmark is planning to reimburse me for my textbooks. That was really depressing... 

So instead of studying I'm recording my thoughts here.  For no point or purpose other than to further procrastinate.  Curse me... I need to study!  It doesn't help that this is the last of 4 exams, the other 3 of which I aced, and it's not even cumulative.  So what's my motivation to study?  Other than I could finally get my first "A" in a class that is in my major.  Depressing that it would wait until my second semester senior year to happen.  Although Gustavus did give me an "A" for my Conservation Bio. class that I took in Australia so I guess that counts.   

I'm trying to get people to entertain me, but they aren't doing a very good job. 

As for how the week went, it was pretty boring.  I went to my classes, did some errands, and read a lot of that series previously mentioned.  

I finally got my cell phone back on Monday, my awesome aunt and uncle drove it up for me around 6pm.  Then I immediately checked my voicemail and called the Dell technician who agreed to come up and fix my computer.  Basically, he just had to replace the monitor and my baby is working again.  Hooray!  So that led to more Sims playing as well, although Sybylla is mostly hogging it.  Which is sort of a good thing for me because it means I'm forced to do other things.  Not to mention as soon as we graduate I'm taking my game back to Rochester (or wherever I'm going) with me so she only has so much time left to play it.  

Had my last classes.  Skipped badminton this week because I could, which also allowed me to eat lunch with people on Monday and Wednesday.  Gave my presentation in Women and the Holocaust and I think it went well.  Had our website critiques in Intro to Interactive Media and no one had anything bad to say about mine (http://homepages.gac.edu/~kcoughli/).  

On Wednesday I had my last day of work and my last class, ever.  It was Evolution and we just had a mini lecture about carnivorous plants, and then class evals and then I was done.  For work I had to run mail (for the last time) and then help set up for the end of the year picnic (again for the last time).  It was a day full of lasts for all of us.  After setting up, came back to the room and then headed to the "End of the Year Carnival" out on the college mall. That was kind of a joke... basically just a lot of stands of free food and a cake walk and a dunk tank.  While it was semi amusing to see the kid from many of my previous bio classes getting dunked, the thrill was short-lived. Headed back to chill in the dorm for awhile and then went to the Theatre/Dance picnic.  Got a burger and hung out with Kristin and had some fun thinking about the past year (The Other Shore and the spring dance concert).  Been working in that office for the last four years and it's kind of strange to realize I won't be working there anymore.  Went directly from that picnic to the Biology Department picnic.  That was less fun, I knew more people there but less well.  Said a lot of "hey, how are you?" and ate a bunch of carrots but eventually I got bored and left.  Went back to the room and did some Sim playing, some Brisingr reading, and some studying for my final.  Later, Sarah, Sybylla, and I watched Shrek, which was slightly frustrating but okay overall.  Came back to the room, took a quick shower,  and then Sybylla and I watched Dark Knight.  Actually we just watched most of it, but at 4am we decided to go to bed and watch the rest later.  Probably tonight, although we both need to study for exams.

Which brings us to today.  Woke up when Sybylla's alarm went off at 11:30am and she didn't wake up.  Literally the thing was going off for a long time and I was like "Sybylla, your alarm. Wake up!"  But she didn't, and eventually it turned itself off.  So I rolled over and went back to sleep.  She eventually got up and headed out around 12:20 to her Latin-y things.  I think tutoring and then some sort of Classics get-together.  My alarm went off right before she left, and then again at 1pm.  That's around when I got up and just continued reading Brisingr and doing my procrastinating thing.

And now I'm sitting here having a strange conversation and listening to Sarah and Sybylla study for their Latin final tomorrow. And feeling like I should definitely get my act together and study.  Damn, I started this like an hour ago.  It really did not take me this long to write it, I've also been distracted elsewhere.