Saturday, June 5, 2010

And in other news...

Drove to Eau Claire today and had an awesome day hanging out with Megan.

Was a pretty simple drive for the most part - a bit of rain but nothing major. Amazingly the cities' radio stations lasted almost all the way there.

Got there and got the tour of her new apartment. It's pretty nice, although her room is a bit tiny. Luckily her closet is huge so she'll have plenty of storage room to fit what doesn't really fit in her room. After the tour and a bit of hanging around we drove over to the mall there. We first went to find her some black shorts for work and then I became a Barbie doll for her. Basically she picked out clothes she liked for me and I tried them on and then, depending on the clothes, purchased them. It was good though because I desperately need clothes that fit... the vast majority of my clothes (especially pants) no longer stay on. We ate in the food court, wandered around a bit more, then went back to her place. Once there we rearranged her room to try to give her some more space. Then we settled down on the futon and watched Happy Feet/took a nap. I met her summer roommate Aaron who watched most of the movie with us and then near the end a bunch of his friends came over and woke us from our nap. After the movie Megan and I went to pick up Kory and Jake (Megan's boyfriend and their other friend) and went to Dairy Queen. Sat there and ate and chatted and then went back to Megan's. Then I got back in the car and started the drive back to Minneapolis.

So that was my Saturday, now I'll backtrack and talk about Friday.

Recall the last paragraph from my June 1st post.

On Friday I clutched that stem until my hand was ripped to shreds and then finally dropped it.

Not just dropped it, buried it.

I can't promise I won't try to find it and dig it back up, but this is the closest I've come to cutting myself off.

We'll just have to see how well that works.

No comments: