Thursday, June 3, 2010

Bad few days

June, and really the end of May, has sucked.

A lot.

Well if I'm being fair, the middle of April until now has sucked a lot, but the past few days have been a bit more brutal than normal.

After work on Tuesday, well much later, I went and picked Hannah up from her house and we drove over to Cub to buy movie treats. Then we went to see Hot Tub Time Machine at the Riverview. It was kind of hilarious, mostly because the other people in the theater found it kind of hilarious. Drove Hannah home, drove myself home, and then badness. I mentioned Kaylee had been acting weird in my last post, well I got home and went upstairs to find her dead, curled up in her Kleenex box. At this point it was nearly midnight (the movie started at 9:30) and I became extremely upset. Unfortunately for me, the only person I really wanted to talk to is one of the only people who no longer wants to talk to me. And so I put New Moon into the DVD player and watched it/cried myself to sleep.

On Wednesday I went to work. After spending an hour/two in the afternoon doing very little, about 10 minutes before I was supposed to leave I got something to do. Sybylla and I had made plans to go get me some DQ after work/before kickball in the attempts of lifting my spirits, but this new project I was given made me stay 30 minutes late. Finally, feeling guilty for leaving, I made the executive decision to head out. Got there, ate a delicious Blizzard and talked to Sybylla for about a half hour, and then had to ditch her to get home, change for kickball, and then go to kickball. At kickball, we played this team that had an insane pitcher. He was whipping balls really fast and bouncy so finally we stopped kicking and made the umpire call walks. That just ticked off the pitcher so much that when I was running from first to second and Jordan was running to first he whipped the ball at Jordan's legs to get him out (instead of just throwing it to the person on first base). I didn't see it, but apparently it tripped him up and he went head over heels, landing hard on his shoulder. It swelled up and Jordan actually had to leave early in order to go home and ice it. Our team was behind by about 7 runs, and eventually managed to catch up and tie with them by the last inning. We went into overtime and pulled off another miraculous win. Afterwards, we just sat in the grass and chatted for awhile. Went home and discovered Jordan was much worse off than I had expected. Got him some ibuprofen and then two of his friends came and brought him food. His arm/shoulder was pretty much immobile. It was so bad that getting up or attempting to take off his shirt made him nearly pass out with pain. So much of last night was spent trying to make him feel more comfortable and helping him switch out ice packs etc.

I mentioned on Tuesday's early post that Harley threw up. Well since then he's had diarrhea, thrown up more in the house, chewed up a wooden sill in attempts to get outside, and been to the vet a few times. Yesterday he also threw up blood. Luckily last night and this morning he's been acting fine, so whatever it was may have passed. But still, it has been a bad few days for things in my house.

I feel like something must have happened this weekend. Something bad. At least for me. The few friends I've made since moving to Minneapolis have seemed to abandon me. Maybe I'm just overreacting, but suddenly my texts go unresponded to and plans made just fall through. I feel like I'm back in middle school and I did something (unknown to me) to piss everyone off so they're just ignoring me for it.

No comments: