Friday, February 13, 2009

Anniversary

So one year ago today I posted my first ever internet blog.

http://www.statravelblogs.com/kcoughli/blog/western-australia/perth/2008-02-13+02%3A16%3A38

Of course, as boring as that one is, it was following a thrilling trip across first the western continental US, followed by the massive Pacific Ocean, and lastly across the Australian Island. After so much time in planes and then trying to figure out my situation, not to mention never having written a blog before in my life, I'd say I did rather well.

It mostly saddens me now to think that my writing style hasn't improved any (as far as I can tell) and the topics are getting less interesting as time passes.

Speaking of topics, I should think of some.

Today is Friday the 13th. While I'm not superstitious, it is kind of fun to realize how many people are.

So I've been in Olin hall every day this past week. Yesterday I had to come in at 9 am (my only free time before 4:30) to get the full time staff to fix it. Funny story, I came in and they couldn't find the full time staff and those they could find were busy. I wanted to kick someone. Really hard. But instead I just looked pissed and the student worker who informed me to, yet again, "Come back tomorrow" started getting defensive. Her main line of argument? "Well, at least you don't have to pay for it..." I thought to myself, well actually my $30,000+ tuition is doing a damn good job of paying for it. Not to mention that my computer doesn't actually have a problem logging into wireless in general, its their stupid network that wouldn't let it on. So its not like I even could hire someone else to fix it because it was their problem. Instead I just refused to comment and left.

Also yesterday I went to a talk on Darfur which was thoroughly depressing and then went to watch the Crew View of The Other Shore. A more messed up play I cannot imagine, and I'm hoping the author did not win the Nobel Prize in Literature for this particular piece.

Either way, crew is starting now for the next two weeks so I won't be having much of any free time. I start working there today at 3:30, then tomorrow I get to be at the theatre from 9am until 11pm. Hooray. Not to mention I have no idea when I'm getting out tonight.

But that's pretty much all that's happening in my life. Sitting in Olin now again, watching a full-timer fix my baby.

AND LADIES AND GENTLEMEN IT'S FIXED!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gratz on ur lappy gettin fixed xD. and ouch at the 9am to 11pm thing sounds like its gonna be a pain in the butt, but who knows?
lol the lights just came back an hour ago at my place...the electricity was out ALL NIGHT that was a very uncomfy sleep.
have fun and take care kitties, n keep em up :p
-javi