Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Goodbye Number 69


So apparently I just didn't want to ruin the "69 posts" because it's been 10 days since my last one (the 69th post).  69 is a fun number isn't it?

Anyway...

So I did another one of the dorky notes things which I'll post at the end...

Worked on the sound for the spring dance concert which was fun yet time consuming.  Actually to be honest it wasn't all that fun, but at least it was something for me to do, to force me out of the room.  Plus I helped out and stuff... which is a good thing.

Been working on a flash animation project which is just going to be crap because I can't spend any more time on it.  It's weird because I have two audio files of different lengths and one syncs perfectly with the video when it plays in Firefox and the other syncs perfectly when played in Flash, but they're freakin' different lengths!  So apparently Firefox runs the video file slower than Flash does... argh!

I took an Evolution test on Monday, I think it went well but it's not good because since the frantic cram-studying for it I've been falling behind in my readings.  I suppose I could just catch up over spring break but I had been doing so well!  I guess I'm just getting lazy again, as usual...

Speaking of spring break, it's right around the corner.  I would probably be more excited if it meant doing something fun, but for me it means having a dentist appointment, an eye exam, working at Culver's, and watching my parents and littlest sister head down to Florida.  Life's cruel.  Oh, and also an interview.

I suppose an interview is exciting.  That's right ladies and gentlemen, I have so far sent my resume and a cover letter out one time and from that secured an interview.  It's for the Fisheries Internship for the DNR, and I'm really hoping I get it.  I don't know how I'd work it out with living arrangements and driving and whatever but it would mean getting good valid experience, a foot in the door for a government job, and doing something I truly am interested in instead of just trying to find a job at Mayo or continuing to work at Culver's.  

I'm having mixed feelings about graduation these days.  I'm not totally against it as I was before, I'm starting to realize that I can totally handle whatever comes at me, even if not right away.  Plus my parents are there to support me and I know the economy won't suck forever. 

Speaking of parents, my dad's currently in Saint Peter.  He got here this afternoon and is staying until Friday, when he'll drive me home for spring break.  He's working and staying at the hotel, so I decided to walk down there this afternoon since it was so nice out.  It was nice, but chilly with the wind and my ears were freezing by the time I got there.  So we hung out for a bit, watched some Jeopardy, then had dinner at Arby's.  It was nice, and really good for me to take a walk outside and get away from campus for a bit.

Not sure what else to say, other than I'm still watching The L Word, and the jump from season 2 to season 3 is still pissing me off... whyyy???

Hope everyone is enjoying the weather and enjoying or getting ready to enjoy or enjoyed their spring breaks!

Oh yea here's the thing I made that was stupid:
DIRECTIONS:
- Go to Google image search.
- Type in your answer to each question.
- Choose a picture from the first three pages.
- Use this website (
http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/mosaic.php) to make your collage.
- Save the image for use in this note
- Post

QUESTIONS:
1. What is your name?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What is your hometown?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. What is your favorite movie?
6. What is your favorite drink?
7. What is your dream vacation?
8. What is your favorite dessert?
9. What is one word to describe yourself?
10. How are you feeling right now?
11. What do you love most in the world?
12. What do you want to be when you grow up?


1 comment:

Javier Portillo said...

lol, sounds like ur havin the same spring break as i am WELCOME TO THE CLUB :D the part of working and watching other ppl have fun that is...sigh the world is so cruel sometimes xD