Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Break...


Not sure where my spring break went but it seems to be coming to a rather speedy close.  

On Monday I had my eye exam and they took pictures of the inside of my eye!  That's what's at the top of the post, my left retina to be precise.  Those black lines at the bottom are my eyelashes, neat isn't it?  After that I headed up to Lake City for my interview.  I got there like 40 minutes early and then realized that instead of bringing the next book in the series, I brought the one I had finished the night before.  So I sat in the car and took pictures and video with my camera, which I'll upload to here once I put it onto my computer (it's still in my camera, which has a dead battery).  Eventually I went in and had my interview, and I think it went okay but I'm not really entirely sure.  I took the fish identification test and it sucked because instead of pictures most of them were specimens in jars that had been bleached out and were not the size I'm used to seeing which made them difficult to ID.  On the test I ended up getting 20/37, which sounds horrible but apparently the average is 12 so I guess it's not that bad.  I'm mostly just worried because there were 9 applicants for only 2 positions, which means 7 of us will not be hired.  And for all I know all 8 of the others are Fish Science majors who've taken ichthyology courses and got 37/37 on their tests.  But I try not to stress about it too much.

On Tuesday I worked at Culver's from 11-4 and I think I this is the night when Jackie and I got together and watched some TV and hung out and chatted about how we don't know where our lives are going.  We also got Dairy Queen, which was wonderful.  

Wednesday was more interesting.  I had a dentist appointment at 8am which went pretty fast, but never fun.  Went to work afterwards, which was quite fun with a half numb mouth.

Thursday I went in to the lab at Mayo and brought some bars in to the folks there and said hello.  Granted I overslept and then couldn't find parking so then I couldn't spend very much time chatting after all.  Then I sped off to work and changed in the car, which was exhilarating.  Then came home just in time to see my parents and sister frantically packing up the car and then heading off to drive to Florida.  Later that night Jackie came over and we watched The Producers and hung out and she spent the night over, which was good because the house is big and creepy when you're there all alone.  

Friday was hell.  I worked from 11am-8pm and afterwards got very lonely and sad.  And then I watched P.S. I Love You alone.  Stupid.  So it was a long lonely day and night. 

Saturday I worked but got off early and ran an errand - got gas in the car for tomorrow.  I also went to Wal-Mart and bought Twilight... I couldn't help it!  Then I tried to get some stuff done at home, took a bath and did dishes, cleaned up some and then became unmotivated again.  So Jackie and I made a plan to hang out and do some homework and just chill.  So we did, and after too much homework time we decided to watch Pirates of the Caribbean.  That was nice, I hadn't seen it in awhile and it's always fun to watch it with Jackie because she's the first person I ever saw it with.  

So the movie didn't finish until about 1am Sunday morning (ie now) and then I drove back home and got online.  And then I started freaking myself out with UFO stuff and so had to talk to Sybylla, who reassured me that they haven't yet invaded.  Turning on the TV and watching Ocean's 13 and Spanglish has been helping as well.  But now I have a lot of packing and cleaning left to do, which I'm going to try to do as much tonight as possible.  But of course I had to de-freak and finish this blog that I started before heading to Jackie's.  

So that's it, and I'll probably forget to add the video of me at my interview but if I remember, I'll stick it in later.

1 comment:

Javier Portillo said...

lol ur vid made my day kitten i love the entry dilema