Sunday, March 1, 2009

Bowling anyone?

So I had a semi-exciting week!

On Wednesday night I was busy studying for my first Evolution exam when I heard that a big snowstorm was on its way. I got really excited and hoped the college would shut down.

The next morning (Thursday) I woke up, looked outside and there was hardly any snow on the ground (most of the previous snow had melted during the past week). So I went to my classes and took my test, but around 11am the snow started coming down hard. My prof was getting nervous, since we couldn't even see the neighboring building through the thick snow, and let class out a bit early. The snow was tricky to walk through but I was excited, because I wanted to go skiing again before winter ended.

Friday I had my one class and work. At work I had to rearrange a classroom to look more "hospitable" because high school seniors who received the Gustavus theatre scholarship were coming to visit today (Saturday). But seeing as I received very little direction, and I don't deal with lack of direction well, I semi-freaked about it. I just sort of did what I felt like doing and hoped it was what they wanted. Friday night I had dinner with Sybylla, Vicki, and Sarah and we made plans to watch movies on Saturday night (Vicki and I were going to see the GAC weekend movie of Role Models and then afterwards we were all going to watch The Producers). I also got a phone call from my cousin Ben inviting me to go skiing with him, my other cousin Tyler, and Ben's friend (they were going snowboarding but same diff).

Saturday morning came and I woke up to a phone call from Ben saying he was on his way. So I got dressed for skiing (multiple layers) and headed out. We hung out at their house for a little while and then headed out to Mt. Kato. Got there, and it was ridiculously full, we couldn't even find a parking space. Eventually we sadly decided that it wouldn't be worth it to spend the money just to wait in lines all day. So we went back to their house and ditzed around for awhile debating on what to do. We toyed with the idea of going to see a movie, and then talked about renting one, but finally decided to go bowling! Wee fun right? So we got there, got on our lane, and I bowled a strike in the first frame. Didn't do it again the entire time we were there, in fact I'm pretty sure I got progressively worse. Anyway, my total score for the four games was like 334 or something so I averaged around 80. The guys averaged around 130 so I was the big loser. It was still fun, and afterwards they drove me back where I treated them to some good ol' GAC food.

This evening was spent going to dinner with Syb and Vicki and Sarah and then Vicki and I went to see Role Models. It was actually a lot better (and a lot funnier) than I thought it would be. Then we came back to Prairie View and Syb and I looked for The Producers DVD. We couldn't find it so we all decided to watch Hairspray instead (Sarah came in as well). After that, we had a bit of "crazy time," I may include some video proof, and then settled down to watch Unbreakable. That was a decent movie.

Now everyone's left, Syb and I just finished watching Young Frankenstein together and now I'm going to sleep (and hopefully sleep better than I have been lately).

PS - Proof of the crazy:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

damn...i still am hoping for some snow here again...i envy you sooo much D: as for bowling... i haven't done that in ages think..2 years? i miss those days maybe i'll call some friends up and invite them for some bowling. KITTY! u n ur friends r crazy lol...reminds me of the way cardo, eddy and i used to be like during my highschool years...sigh. so many good times...so many memories.
hope ur still havin loads of fun, ur friend
-javi