Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Looking for work, anyone hiring?

So I'm exceptionally broke.  And I have no real hope of making any good money for a long time and am getting very worried about paying back my student loans.  Because I have a lot of them.

One thing I'm trying to do is working for EF College Break, just encouraging people to travel abroad, and every person I convince I get $50 for.  I'm also going to try to pet sit more this summer, if I can.

I also really need a car.  How the heck am I going to be able to afford a car when I can't pay off my student loans?  But the thing is, for almost any job I get, I'll need a car to transport myself to and from said job.  So I can't afford to get a car but I can't afford to not have a car.  

My only solutions are to move to a big city where public transportation is reliable and covers everywhere I'd need to go, to somehow convince my parents to sell me the red car for very little money, to find another vehicle to purchase for very little money, or to sell my soul into slavery/work at Culver's and live at home until I'm ridiculously wealthy.  Because people work at Culver's to get wealthy.  Right.

Moving sounds like a good option, except that means I'd have to find somewhere to live and then pay rent, which I probably also cannot afford to do.  

I'm seriously stressing about this.  I mean, there's no rosebud cheat code for life like there is in Sims.  

Speaking of Sims, I found my old games at home and installed them and was playing all evening.  Bad Kat.  And then Sybylla wanted to try, so I lent her my CD's to download.  Problem is, it needs the final installed disk to run, which means my Unleased Disc 1 is the only one that will make it run on either of our computers.  So I'm letting her play now while I update my blog but I sort of want to play...

I also have to go move my car from the GAC parking lot to the street, either soon or at 6am again like I did yesterday.  Or today.  Monday morning, whenever that was.  My car.  I just saw that.  Not my car, my parents' car.  The little red car that they let me bring over for a couple of weeks until Easter break.  It's nice to have a car, but a lot of hassle on this stupid campus.  

Classes went fine today, as well as the lab I'm TAing, but it was all kind of boring.  We started a new tournament round in Badminton, and I got a new partner which is excellent.  Last time, my lazy partner and I lost every single game except one.  My new partner Hayley and I have so far won 2 and lost 2, but they were all really close.  Evolution was a bit confusing, but it's the Monday after spring break so I guess I expected my brain to be more easily confused than normal.  The lab was fun, they just wandered through the greenhouse looking at all the cool plants.  

My prom/P-Ball dress is hanging from the ceiling.  It gets me excited every time I look at it, and I'm not really sure why.  I don't really expect the outing to be all that much fun, but I guess every once in awhile it's nice to put on a pretty dress and go out.  

My desk is a mess, there's crap all over it.  Food, the shoes that go with my P-Ball dress, homework, dishes, books, broken keyboards, jewelry box, papers, it's just ridiculous.  I meant to clean it today, but the Sims box was on top of the pile on the desk, and so that got "taken care of" first... 

This blog is really just a rant of what I'm thinking about.  Continuous stream of consciousness.  Except not quite because I am typing in full sentences whereas I don't think I always think in full sentences. 

I don't think I'm going to get to play again tonight.  But I am getting my disc back tonight... I'll just wait until she's done playing.  I hope she doesn't stay up too late though... I do have class earlier than she does (since she doesn't have class on Tuesdays or Thursdays).  

Plus it looks like I'll be getting up at 6 again.  Crap.

That means I should go to bed.  And I forgot to shower again.  Sigh. 


No comments: