Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Friday night I went out with Vicki and Sybylla to meet a bunch of people from college and have dinner at a fancy Italian place at the MoA. It was mostly in honor of Sarah (who lives in Seattle) coming into town to visit GAC on Saturday. It was a late dinner but really delicious (I had cheese ravioli).

On Saturday Megan picked me up around noon and we headed down to Rochester to surprise mom for Mother's Day. Got home, walked in, and dad didn't even flinch. We hadn't told anyone we were coming but he barely even reacted lol. Then we went down to the basement (where mom was) and she saw us and we hugged and she got so emotional she cried a little. Which means we win (coming home was a good surprise). Sara was getting ready for prom and then they went out to go to the Grand March and take pictures and dad and I went out around Rochester looking at cars. Unfortunately no one was open but we found a couple that looked good from the outside. Eventually we headed to a restaurant and waited for mom and Megan to get back from picture taking. We all then ate (delicious) and then went home. Megan and mom were supposed to stop at a Redbox or something like it and get Iron Man to watch but it was all out so instead they got Nine (musical movie thing). It was so long and boring, it was over halfway done and I was still waiting for the plot to start! Afterwards we watched SNL with Betty White and it was pretty funny. Still not a fan of some of the skits but she was pretty funny.

Sunday I slept in, and woke up to dad making us breakfast (eggs and bacon and toast). Mostly wasted away the morning, until Megan and I and dad moved up the 2 twin beds up to my room (or as it's now known as the spare bedroom). Strangely enough Jackie had decided to come up to Rochester from Chicago this weekend as well so she came over to say hi to Belle and the fam and then we went out to our usual Dairy Queen and chatted, it was good but cut too short because I was under the impression our fam was doing something for Mother's Day and she had some errands to run with her fam. Short but sweet visit, and a probably much needed pep talk as well.

Megan drove me back up to Minneapolis and then Vicki picked me up around 6pm to go see Avatar at the Riverview with her, Sybylla, and Sybylla's mom. Good movie, as always, and again better to see on the big screen.

Got home and have wasted most of my night doing who knows what.

As far as my emotional state goes, well that's my business again and you'll have to talk to me to find out :P

No comments: