Sunday, May 2, 2010

i regret nothing

so after being a complete slug yesterday, my friend Liisa (who i met through tom coincidentally) finally convinced me to go hang out with her at the cardinal. Rachael was doing karaoke and Liisa offered to buy me a drink so I hopped on the lightrail and went up.

right when i walked in the door Liisa runs up and hugs me and pulls me outside, on the way informing me that tom had brought a date. he was there with a girl. we sat out on the patio making meaningless conversation while i tried to digest that bit of information. i couldn't believe it. for some reason i thought tom had told me the truth when he said, and i quote, 'it's not like i'll be jumping back into a new relationship in the next few weeks or anything.'

part of me is hoping that she was just one of tom's many female friends... but my realistic rational side is attempting to convince me otherwise.

after we were sitting out there for awhile, who but tom himself comes out, pulls out a brand new pack of cigarettes, and lights up. that was about the time i wanted to start laughing. he's falling back into his bad old habits because he no longer gives a damn. i remember when we first started dating he told me that all of his friends noticed a positive change in him thanks to me. well maybe he'll realize how much better off he was with me, but it probably won't be happening anytime soon.

anyway, after that i pulled Liisa inside to make good on that offer of a drink. originally, since i don't drink, it was going to be a soda. instead, it became a glass of white wine, which i downed in about 3 seconds. and then it was another glass, and then that was gone as well. then Liisa informed me that she had purchased a pitcher of some kind of beer. guess who drank most of it and a good part of the next one? that's right, ladies and gentlemen, i drank beer. and got hammered. it was wonderful.

i sang karaoke (with someone and i couldn't tell you which song), i danced, i flirted shamelessly with everyone in my radius, etc and so on. i woke up on Liisa's couch this morning with 2 of her three dogs on top of me and felt great.

managed to get home via the lightrail, talked to Jordan about joining his kickball team, and am soon to be heading back to the lightrail to meet Hannah for some DQ.

all in all the night was both horrible and amazing.

but no hangover!

No comments: