Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm getting good at this posting thing...

Either that or I just spend way too much time on the internet. Or perhaps a combination of the two. But I am going to try to start getting offline more often now - it's just really hard when pretty much ALL homework nowadays requires a typed response of some sort. Seriously, for one of my mini-lab question/answer things we wrote out all the equations and calculations and the answers to the questions on a piece of notebook paper and tried to hand it in... the prof looked incredulous and pretty much said he would accept it but really we should always type it. And it was stupid because we did it right there in class... anyway I digress.

I'm not sure why I felt the need to post right now, I really don't have any other news. Other than I'm a little less entranced by my dreams at the moment. Probably because I didn't have one (that I remember) last night.

And I think I scare people away. Not all that surprising, but still.

In my Kinship, Marriage, and Human Sexuality course today we talked about a recent terrible event that happened on campus. We were all emailed about it but not given the details (until this class). Basically sometime last week about 9 cars were covered with racist, sexist, anti-semitist slurs and gross language and graphics. These kind of hate crimes happened inside the "safe" little Gustavus bubble. Then of course on Monday/Tuesday the sidewalks were covered with chalk messages about the election - most were fairly basic but a few were insulting. Like the "True Christians vote Republican" and "Don't vote for Osama bin Laden." It happened from the Democratic side as well, someone spray painted Obama's face/logo onto some campus buildings. Which is defacing property but at least it wasnt insulting. Right so we spent the entire class time discussing the latent hostility on campus, it was very eye-opening, and sad.

And then of course I heard Proposition 8 was passed in California and I almost cried. I thought for sure it would be shot down but it actually passed! Since when did Californians start riding the hate train? That could be a good reason to exit the country. And MN still hasn't decided on Coleman or Franken for US Senator. Right now I think Coleman is up by about 500 votes... which is microscopic. So we probably won't hear for awhile yet. I just picture Coleman as Bush's little puppy... and we all know what a great leader Bush is/was...

I hate feeling like I have to censor myself in this blog in case some people read it and get their feelings hurt by learning something about me they didn't want to.

Oh yea, I do censor myself! Because some people actually do read these things (don't know why but there you have it).

And one person commented on my money blog... I knowmoney doesn't solve problems but it would take care of some extra stress which would allow me to deal more effectively with everyday problems and stresses.

And then I could see the world, and all my mates who decided to live all across the globe.

Hell, I haven't even seen my friend from Wisconsin! I fail...

I need a job. And a plan. Which reminded me of the quote in Monsters, Inc. where Mike tells Sully to go do something with Boo while he comes up with a plan. It's really hilarious in the movie... I just dont remember the exact quote. Man I love Disney movies.

And now I'm going offline for a few hours to attempt to be the good student I was in high school...

1 comment:

Liz said...

I will agree that money sure does make it a whole lot easier to do things we like or want to do.
But... it seems that even this is becoming an increasingly false statement anymore; as it is taking more and more of that green paper to live these days.

It's becoming increasingly evident how true the statement "money makes the world go 'round" has become. Just watching the stock market here and there proves that point. It's very sad...